Deep Reflections – 16″ x 40″
40 x 16 in / 102 x 41 cm (Diptych)
OIL ON CANVAS by Jessica Johnson
Crater Lake was born from a huge energetic event, after a volcano known as Mount Mazama collapsed over 7,700 years ago. This enormous collapse left what’s known as a Caldera, a volcanic basin that slowly filled with water over several thousand years. The deep blue depths now contain the deepest lake in the U.S.
This painting was done to capture both the energy and deep calm of Crater Lake. The bright colors of the underpainting and sunset blend through the deep cool blues of calm water and snow. This beautiful lake was protected and revered by the native Klamath peoples, and is now designated as a National Park.
This painting was created on 3/4” canvas and continues around the edges. The piece arrives unframed. Shipping within the lower 48 states is absolutely free.
JESSICA JOHNSON is a contemporary landscape oil painter born in San Francisco and raised in the Pacific Northwest. Passionate about the outdoors since her earliest backpacking trip at just 3 years old, Jessica works to capture and communicate the inspiring beauty of the landscapes that surround her home and permeate her adventures.
Shipping and Delivery of Your Painting:
- We are currently offering free shipping for paintings shipped within the lower 48 United States. Overseas international shipping generally runs about 10% of the cost of the painting, which includes safe packaging and insurance.
- As soon as your painting ships we will provide you with an estimated arrival date and tracking number.
- We are currently using UPS as our shipping carrier. They ensure the proper packing of fragile and high-value items.
- Your painting will be safely packed and shipped with full insurance.
- We offer a 30-day, no questions asked exchange policy for every painting.