Views from the Valley – SOLD
Views from the Valley
22 x 28 in / 56 x 71 cm
OIL ON CANVAS by Jessica Johnson
The Shasta Valley is forever marked by the extensive volcanic activity of Mt. Shasta. Northwards, in the high desert terrain near Pluto’s Cave – huge underground tubes made by lava flows – provides a beautiful landscape with the mountain resting ahead in the distance. Normally I like to capture landscapes during the “Golden Hour” of day, when the sun is either rising or setting near the horizon. But here, the warm afternoon sunlight lit up the sagebrush and juniper trees with the perfect light and created interesting deep shadows.
This painting was created on 3/4” canvas and continues around the edges.
JESSICA JOHNSON is a contemporary landscape oil painter born in San Francisco and raised in the Pacific Northwest. Passionate about the outdoors since her earliest backpacking trip at just 3 years old, Jessica works to capture and communicate the inspiring beauty of the landscapes that surround her home and permeate her adventures.
Shipping and Delivery of Your Painting:
- We are currently offering free shipping for paintings shipped within the lower 48 United States. Overseas international shipping generally runs about 10% of the cost of the painting, which includes safe packaging and insurance.
- As soon as your painting ships we will provide you with an estimated arrival date and tracking number.
- We are currently using UPS as our shipping carrier. They ensure the proper packing of fragile and high-value items.
- Your painting will be safely packed and shipped with full insurance.
- We offer a 30-day, no questions asked exchange policy for every painting.